Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring is Here and The Cake Season is Booming


As most of you know, I have been running around like all get out. This is the season for refreshing deserts, cool icy drinks and most of all cakes.


That's just the beginning of spring. Summer will be here as soon as the weather figures out what it wants to do. This is a time where you can get many asking you to make cake, cupcakes and all other kind of goodies for them and their event. Just remember, consider the time you will have to do these things, in other words, calculate your time wisely, this is your summer too and many of you might want to go out and play too. You can easily lose your whole summer to baking and you don't want to do that.


June is bringing about lots of exciting changes, stay posted for those, remember as soon as I get the information I am able to get it to you.


May 1st I will be doing "The 8hr Fondant Seminar", make sure you sign up early, they only allow 10 people maximum for individual attention and don't forget your hour lunch is paid for. This is also great way to also meet other local decorators.


Chef Eric Williams TIP NOTE:
In my classes, I require at 4" high on cakes, this is pretty much the starting number, you can go higher and of course if your design calls for something else then I suggest adjusting your sizes.
To get a professional height on your cakes, fill your baking pans at least half way full of batter and this should be in at least two separate pans.


Student Comment:

Chef Eric, I could only find an 8' round pan that was 2" high, so I could not make my cake 4" high.


Chef Eric:

If you have a baking pan that only rises to 2" in height and you need a 4" high cake, 2"+2"= 4",

bake two cake, remember in order to be successful, you must have on your thinking caps.


"The Cake Craftier"

2 comments:

  1. Eric,
    This is Debbee from your Wiltons Class 1 in Lancaster. I dove in and attempted a fondant covered cake for my sister-in-laws birthday. I think it came out great...I really impressed myself. I know I will be able to accomplish the cake I invision for my daughter in laws baby shower. Where can I send you a photo? Or you can go to my blog here on blogspot. Thank you forthe confidence you instilled in me during your course.
    ♥Debbee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job,

    You can email your pictures to ewcakedesigns@aol.com

    We cant wait to see it, congrats from all of us at EW Cake Designs.


    "The Cake Craftier"

    ReplyDelete